1.Having trouble connecting WU550 Printer to Wi-Fi?
Ensure the printer is on before connecting to Wi-Fi.
If you're having trouble connecting WU550 printer to Wi-Fi using Wi-Fi password, here are some things to consider and try:
• Pls make sure the feeder button light will flash. If not, pls press and hold the feeder button of the printer again and release the button until you hear four beeps.
• You can use any smart device to configure if it can be connect to Wi-Fi network and has a brower. Like your Desktop, Laptop, iPad, iPhone, Android...Once one of your device was configured to Wi-Fi, your other devices will not need to be configured. But if you use desktop/laptop device, pls remenber to install the wireless driver software after connecting to Wi-Fi. If you do your business on iPad/iPhone/Android, you can do the print directly via "Elabel" App after connecting to Wi-Fi.
• If the network “FSC-BW236-AP” is not showing at first time, pls refresh it. If it is still not showing in 2minutes, turn the printer off and restart the process.
• Please wait for 15seconds after the network “FSC-BW236-AP” show up and then join it. It will be more stable to connect to Wi-Fi.
• Did you join the “FSC-BW236-AP” network successfully? Open the URL: 192.168.1.1 under “FSC-BW236-AP” network.
• If you cannot log onto URL: 192.168.1.1, turn the printer off and restart the process or change your device to configure.
• If you forget the network name and password, find the label on the bottom or side of your router. The label contains important information about your router, including the original network name (SSID) and password (key/passphrase).
• Ensure you have entered the correct network name(SSID) and password and the capitals are correct.
• Did the printer button flashing time out? The printer button light will continue to flash during the connection. If it doesn't connect successfully in that time, turn the printer off and restart the process.
If you're having trouble connecting WU550 printer to Wi-Fi using WPS, here are some things to consider and try:
• Is WPS enabled on your router? Verify the router supports the WPS feature:
1. Look on your router to see if it has a WPS button.
2. Go to the Network menu of your internet capable device to see if the WPS option is available.
• Keep the printer under good signal coverage of the router. It is better to keep in the same room and within 15meters.
• Did the WPS process time out? The WPS light will continue to flash and the router will search for printer for up to 2 minutes.
If it doesn't connect successfully, it will usually reset and you will need to press it again to try a new connection.
If problem is not solved, please contact customer support, thank you.